Sunday, May 17, 2015

Cranberry Cardigan

Since it was raining earlier today, I decided to keep myself busy by working on a sweater--one of which I should've had done months ago.  But what can you do...stuff happens.  I already made a mustard cardigan this fall, now I'm making a cranberry one to match a particular dress that I have.  Here is my progress:
This is the back of the sweater.  If you look at the shoulder seams, you'll see it will have raglan sleeves.

This is the left front.  I finished this about two weeks ago.

This is the right front--currently a a work in progress.

All that needs to be done are the sleeves, the seams and the buttons sewn.  I will provide updates as they come along.

In terms of the thrifty factor, I bought the yarn (which is Vanna's Choice from Lion Brand Yarn) on sale at AC Moore for about $3 a ball.  I got 6 balls, and with the buttons (of which I still need to get), I expect to spend about $20.  The yarn was originally about $4 a ball, so a $6 savings?  I'll take it!  So, until then...think thrifty!

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment